The working community takes up most of the world’s population. People spend most of their lives doing different jobs. Since the number of world inhabitants is rising quickly, it is getting increasingly difficult for many to find jobs. A brief and informative resume is crucial while applying for any job. The quality of the resume and the qualifications mentioned in it are factors that can determine your chances of getting the job. You can create a CV by yourself, but it is best to use a resume builder for a professional look. They offer many resume templates that you can choose from.
How to generate a good resume
One of the first steps in creating a resume is choosing a template. The type of template to choose depends on the type of job, your qualifications, and your preferences. What should one include in a resume?
- How can they contact you? Write your name, mobile number, email ID, and a relevant social media handle. The media page can have your achievements and other details related to the field of work.
- Give a summary of your achievements and skills. It can act as your job bio.
- Experience is an essential factor to add to your resume. Employers look for people with a specific range of experience. Mention the companies you have worked with, your post, and your duration at the company.
- Mention your educational qualifications and any additional course that you have completed.
- Do not forget to mention the skills you possess relevant to the job you are applying for. These include hard and soft skills.
Depending on the job, you can also add other things. You can mention things like the languages you can speak, publications and projects, hobbies, awards, volunteer work, and more. If you are a fresher looking for a job, mention your educational qualifications and any internships that you have completed.
Make sure that there are no grammatical errors in the resume. Such mistakes can seem unprofessional and can reduce your chances of getting the job. You do not have to worry about any of these aspects while using a resume builder.
What are the different types of resume templates?
- Simple: These templates are elegant and easy to read. They are balanced and use simple colours.
- Professional: They are elegant and subtle. The designs are combinations of the best of the old and new designs.
- Cool: If you are looking for a fun and creative design, this is the best option. It also catches the eye of the reader.
- Modern: These usually have well-defined columns that are minimalistic and clear.
- Contemporary: Though these templates may appear to be simple, they leave a mark on the employer’s mind.
- Creative: These templates show that you are a professional with a creative and innovative side.
The resume and the designs in the resume make the first impression that you give the employer. You can choose a resume builder that best matches your personality and the nature of the job. Most online resume builders provide a wide variety of templates for you to choose from.